You can access your free copy of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and OneDrive) by following the below steps:
- Login to your student email account on the device that you wish to install Microsoft Office on via the Student Portal > Email.
- Once logged into your email account, select the box of dots in the top left-hand corner > Microsoft 365 ->
- A new window will open where you can select 'install and more > install Microsoft 365 apps' and install the system you require for your device/s. This should occur automatically.
- Once you see the message 'You're good to go' you can use Office.
- If prompted to sign in after the installation, please use your full USC email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so you can access it free through UniSC. A product or license key is NOT required.
- Although you can use the Microsoft applications offline, you will need to connect to the internet every 30 days for editing rights to remain active.
Please note, that although you can install Microsoft Office for free on up to 15 devices (including 5 Macs/PCs, 5 smart phones and 5 tablets), you are only able to install the applications on devices that you personally own.
Your student version of Microsoft Office is only available to use while you are a UniSC student, and although your installations of Microsoft Office will remain installed after you graduate, they will switch to read only mode once your access expires. This means you will still be able to open and read all Office documents but you will be unable to edit them or create new ones until you create a person Microsoft 365 account/subscription.
If using OneDrive, you must remove all of your content out before you graduate. If you do not remove your content before then you will not be able to access it and it will be automatically deleted with no way to recover them.
If you're still having trouble, visit Install Office on your PC or Mac for more comprehensive installation instructions and tips (particularly useful if installing on a Mac).
*You are also able to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote online versions through your preferred browser if you do not wish to install the desktop apps via your Office 365 Portal (office.com).