AutoPal makes it easy for you to cater the system to your unique needs. One way this can be done is through the setting of defaults. AutoPal allows you to set defaults for several different sections of the software. Understanding how to correctly set your defaults is integral to successfully using the software.
To access the defaults select the Settings > Defaults tab. Once selected, you will be greeted with the following page.
The “Defaults” tab is broken into the following sections:
- System Defaults: This page is where defaults concerning loan creation, and loan calculation are set.
- Payment Defaults: This section allows you to set the default payment type and details for each loan category.
- Loan Defaults: These are the defaults that are loaded into the system when you click the Defaults button in the Initial Setup tab. You can add or edit defaults for each loan type by selecting each loan type from the drop down to the right.
- User Defaults: Use these settings to select the user defaults that will be in place once a user is assigned to a loan account. Additionally, you will be able to set defaults for customer communication (access to the website, email, etc) based on loan status.
- Interest Defaults: These settings allow you to set interest rate defaults that automatically apply based on the loan amount.
- Preconfigured Loans: Through this section you have the ability to setup preconfigured loans. These loans allow you to preset interest rates, terms, dates, etc, for easy implementation.
- Loan Requirements: Use these settings to set defaults for loan activation. These items can be set to force data entries in the Collateral, Insurance, References, Employer, Checklist, or Loan Settings. If information is not entered, you will not be able to activate the loan.
For additional information concerning the default settings, please see our articles concerning the other Default tabs.